BBC NEWS | England | Wear | Girl overdoses on espresso coffee:
A teenager was taken to hospital after overdosing on espresso coffee.
Jasmine Willis, 17, developed a fever and began hyperventilating after drinking seven double espressos while working at her family’s sandwich shop.
That’s 14 espressos. I still have a long way to go*.
I write while I have my fifth cup of coffee.
Yeah, see, my first reaction: “Idiot.”
My second: “Lightweight.”
My coffee cup is suspiciously empty and there is a Starbucks gift card on my desk. It is suggesting rather rakishly that I sneak out across the street and re-caffeinate myself.
And I’m supposed to be surprised? Anyone *should* overdose on that much caffeine. Gross.
Yeah, I have come close to ODing on coffee, it’s not fun. I was on my second pot before I realized that I couldn’t type accurately and my brain was whirring along too fast to keep up. I ended up watching my screensaver for an hour and then going home.
I understand how she can drink that much coffee, she is working in a place where the coffee is there, so she is going to drink the coffee, I love chocolate, if they had chocolate, I would be overdosing on chocolate.